Before You Begin
Be sure you are on the administrator profile of the computer. Installing on a secondary profile may cause future issues. To switch profiles, click the Apple icon in the upper-left corner of your screen and click “Sign Out.” Then, sign in as the administrator.
Also, before you download Covenant Eyes for Mac®, make sure that Screen Time (previously called Parental Controls) is disabled for all profiles on the computer. This will ensure a smooth installation. You can see which profiles, if any, use Screen Time by traveling to your System Preferences, choosing Users & Groups, and looking for any users in the left-side list that are labeled as “Managed.” Managed users have Screen Time enabled and this must be unchecked.
Installing Covenant Eyes for Mac
You will need your WebChaver username and password. If you do not have a username and password yet, you can sign up here.
- Open “Covenant Eyes Install.” When the Install dialogue opens, click “Continue.”
- Read the Important Information, then click “Continue.”
- Read the Software License Agreement, then click “Agree.”
- Click “Install” to install Covenant Eyes. You may be asked to enter your computer’s username and password to continue.
- When you finish installing Covenant Eyes, you may be asked to restart your Mac. Once you have restarted, you can sign into Covenant Eyes and use the internet.
Updating Covenant Eyes
In order to update your Covenant Eyes software, simply follow the process outlined above. In most cases, you will not need to uninstall your current version of the software.
Checking Your Version Number
Click on the Eye icon in the menu bar. Select “About Covenant Eyes” from the menu. Your version number will appear in the new window.